390 views, 0 RAMs, and 1 comment
How may i get this solved on oracle programming. I am not new to this language but the error seems strange. ORA-00979: not a group by expression. Any opinion is welcomed.
This is a debug account.
ORA-009779 is a fairly straight forward error. You have not included any code so I'll have to explain what it's likely to be...
It's usually best to do one of the following things to fix this error:
- Remove expressions that don't belong in the GROUP BY clause from the SELECT list
- Try removing the GROUP BY function from the SELECT command
- Rewriting the SELECT statement, so the column listed in the SELECT statement is added to the GROUP BY clause.
You can avoid this error by simply including expressions are listed in both the SELECT statement and the GROUP BY clause. If the expression is already in the GROUP BY clause then you should not see this error, you may want to contact your database Admin.
"THAT DOG IS GETTING RAPED" - Terry A. Davis
Post a New Comment
Do you like having a good time?
Register an Account
Read Quality Articles
Read some quality articles. If you can manage to not get banned for like five minutes, you can even post your own articles.
Argue with People on the Internet
Use your account to explain why people are wrong on the Internet forum.
Vandalize the Wiki
Or don't. I'm not your dad.
Ask and/or Answer Questions
If someone asks a terrible question, post a LMGTFY link.
Make Some Money
Hire freelancers and/or advertise your goods and/or services. Hire people directly. We're not a middleman or your dad. Manage your own business transactions.
Answers— Read More
Find more related content below!
- Selicting database with the MySQL command line?
- How do I install Oracle 11g?
- [PostgreSQL vs MySQL] Which DB has the best performance?
- When to Use Apache Cassandra vs MongoDB?
- [SQL Server] Difference between datetime and datetime2?
- What are the differences between MariaDB and MySQL (sine MariaDB is a fork)?
- [Dreamhost Error] How to fix "MySQL 504 Gateway Time-out; The server didn't respond in time?"
- What do I do "Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost'"? Help needed
- How to fix "Operand should contain 1 column(s)"?
- How to fix "Every derived table must have its own alias"?