517 views, 0 RAMs, and 2 comments
I want to set up a DHCP server because i have a very large IP network at my business. How do i set it up?
I am not Japanese, but I play one on TV.
Setting up a DHCP on a large network can be difficult. Someone needs to know the size, complexity, number of nodes, locations, etc. Is it 100 hosts or 1,000 hosts. Each requires a different design. You need to decide on a DHCP Server. Often you will see Microsoft DHCP Server used on large networks. See the link below for the DHCP server included with Windows 2016 and setup instructions. Previous Windows servers also have DHCP servers you can use. Good luck.
- Also See: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/51170.microsoft-windows-server-2016-dhcp-server-installation-configuration.aspx
DHCP is very simple to configure in the Windows Server Platform. You can find all about the DHCP in the Below links.
[What is DHCP and how it works?](https://mysystemadmin.com/what-is-dhcp-and-how-it-works/)
[How to Configure DHCP Server on Windows Server](https://mysystemadmin.com/how-to-configure-dhcp-server-on-windows-server/)
[Why does DHCP use UDP and not TCP?](https://mysystemadmin.com/why-does-dhcp-use-udp-and-not-tcp/)
Post a New Comment
Do you like having a good time?
Register an Account
Read Quality Articles
Read some quality articles. If you can manage to not get banned for like five minutes, you can even post your own articles.
Argue with People on the Internet
Use your account to explain why people are wrong on the Internet forum.
Vandalize the Wiki
Or don't. I'm not your dad.
Ask and/or Answer Questions
If someone asks a terrible question, post a LMGTFY link.
Make Some Money
Hire freelancers and/or advertise your goods and/or services. Hire people directly. We're not a middleman or your dad. Manage your own business transactions.
Answers— Read More
Find more related content below!
- How can I configure DNS server 2012?
- How to setup DHCP server?
- What TCP port is utilized by an SSH server listening for connections?
- How can I find DHCP server?
- How can you update FTB server?
- "Could not open a connection to your authentication agent"?
- Linksys Smart Wifi port forwarding setup?
- What is the difference between packet switching and circuit switching?
- How to fix "dns address could not be found"?
- How do I fix "Error 503: maximum threads for service reached"?