209 views, 0 RAMs, and 1 comment
I am trying to run a server, and I'm noticing that the server certificate doesn't have a matching ID. Why would this happen?
I don't specifically understand the question without more detail on which applications you are using. Here is one possible reason. If you are using SSL Certificate on a web site (with a web browser), the URL used must match what is listed in the certificate. For example
- This is the web site associated with the certificate. But you use the direct IP address to connect example
When you use that address in your web browser, you get a an error similar to what you list. You need to use the correct address for the certificate. Often, you can generate a self signed certificate (this may happen automatically) and you get that error (potentially you can ignore it at your own risk). You can use a Public Certificate Authority to generate a certificate that most likely will not happen. I provided a list to certificate authorities for your reference.
Post a New Comment
Do you like having a good time?
Register an Account
Read Quality Articles
Read some quality articles. If you can manage to not get banned for like five minutes, you can even post your own articles.
Argue with People on the Internet
Use your account to explain why people are wrong on the Internet forum.
Vandalize the Wiki
Or don't. I'm not your dad.
Ask and/or Answer Questions
If someone asks a terrible question, post a LMGTFY link.
Make Some Money
Hire freelancers and/or advertise your goods and/or services. Hire people directly. We're not a middleman or your dad. Manage your own business transactions.
Answers— Read More
Find more related content below!
- [Solved] Ubuntu 18.04 Laggy with NVidia Driver Version 440
- How do you play WOW private server?
- How can you download pornhub videos?
- How to view hidden albums on Imgur?
- How to DDoS someone on Skype?
- System thread exception not handled?
- [Error Message] How to fix the error ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED?
- [Discord] Syntax highlighting?
- Microsoft Windows system protection background tasks high disk usage?
- Google Chrome is unresponsive, relaunch now?