186 views, 0 RAMs, and 1 comment
I started out my website using WordPress on a subdomain, but now I want to move it to a root domain. Is there a way to do this with WordPress?
I have researched this question a lot and I have come up with the following instructions. First step is move the WordPress install to the root directory. Once you have done this onto the next step. Now you have to keep the WordPress install in the subdomain folder. This is a must. Now rewrite the URL's to display them from the root. So far so good. Last step we are almost finished use one of the plugins mentioned in steps above.to "migrate" the dev site to the root directory. Once you have completed this delete the subdomain. Good luck I hope this helps you.
Post a New Comment
Do you like having a good time?
Register an Account
Read Quality Articles
Read some quality articles. If you can manage to not get banned for like five minutes, you can even post your own articles.
Argue with People on the Internet
Use your account to explain why people are wrong on the Internet forum.
Vandalize the Wiki
Or don't. I'm not your dad.
Ask and/or Answer Questions
If someone asks a terrible question, post a LMGTFY link.
Make Some Money
Hire freelancers and/or advertise your goods and/or services. Hire people directly. We're not a middleman or your dad. Manage your own business transactions.
Answers— Read More
Find more related content below!
- [Laravel] unserialize(): Error at offset 2 of 32758 bytes
- [Solved] Laravel - How to List All Queries Used to Generate a Page with Execution Times
- [Solved] Implementing an "Estimated Time to Crack" Notification for Registration Forms
- [Solved] Custom Validation Rule in Laravel to Check Maximum Field Length Excluding HTML Characters
- How to remove "proudly powered by WordPress and buddypress"?
- How to install Concrete5? What hosts have one-click installs?
- What version of WordPress do I have?
- Dedicated server hosting for ARK: Survival Evolved?
- [PostgreSQL vs MySQL] Which DB has the best performance?