452 views, 0 RAMs, and 2 comments
I am creating a program that reads a file and if the first line of the file is not blank, it reads the next four lines. However, I am getting this error "Invalid literal for int() with base 10." How do I solve this?
I literally can't stop slitting my own wrists.
When you are working in computer programming and need help solving the error of invalid literal for int() with base 10, you can get that information right here,
"You can't deny that it made him drive faster." - Some YouTube Commenter
The error message invalid literal for int() with base 10 would seem to indicate that you are passing a string that's not an integer to the int() function . In other words it's either empty, or has a character in it other than a digit. You can solve this error by using Python isdigit() method to check whether the value is number or not. The returns True if all the characters are digits, otherwise False . The other way to overcome this issue is to wrap your code inside a Python try...except block to handle this error.
Sometimes the difference between Python2.x and Python3.x that leads to this ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10 . With Python2.x , int(str(3/2)) gives you "1". With Python3.x , the same gives you ("1.5"): ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: "1.5".
Post a New Comment
Do you like having a good time?
Register an Account
Read Quality Articles
Read some quality articles. If you can manage to not get banned for like five minutes, you can even post your own articles.
Argue with People on the Internet
Use your account to explain why people are wrong on the Internet forum.
Vandalize the Wiki
Or don't. I'm not your dad.
Ask and/or Answer Questions
If someone asks a terrible question, post a LMGTFY link.
Make Some Money
Hire freelancers and/or advertise your goods and/or services. Hire people directly. We're not a middleman or your dad. Manage your own business transactions.
Answers— Read More
Find more related content below!
- Best Guide for 123 HP Setup
- [Solved] Indexing database tables for "WHERE LIKE '%string%'" queries in MySQL
- [Solved] SQLite: "Error: near line 27: near "IGNORE": syntax error"
- [Python] How do global variables work?
- Solving the error "Invalid literal for int() with base 10"?
- What are some good PHP interview questions to ask potential developers?
- How long does it take to learn Python? When could I start working on my own stuff?
- Help needed with "Class interface or enum expected"?
- NodeJS error "Can't set headers after they are sent"?
- C++ Warning "Comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions"?