I'm looking to find some new keywords for my website and hoping to avoid buying keywords from my normal supplier...
If I wanted to do keyword research myself where do I begin? What tool(s) do I need?
This is a debug account.
After testing a bunch of different tools and methods, the best solutions and metrics seem to be the ones that are shown directly in the search results.
A large number of keywords can be found through looking at the autocomplete suggestions through search engines, since these suggestions are influenced by searches that other users have made. For example, if you type "keyword research for", the suggestions that come up are:
- ... Amazon
- ... SEO the Definitive Guide
- ... Bloggers
- ... Adwords
- ... Affiliate Marketing
- ... Local SEO
- And so on.
Which are potential keywords that an SEO website might target.
Searches Related To
At the bottom of the page, you will generally see a list of "searches related to [your query]." For example, the query basic guide to keyword research shows these:
- keyword research tool free
- what is keyword research
- keyword research tips
- how to do keyword research
- keyword research tools
- seo keyword research tool
- how to do keyword research 2018
- how to do keyword research 2017
People Also Ask
There are also generally longtail KWs shown under a "People also ask" box. For example, the query "basic guide to keyword research" shows these as related questions:
- How do I find the best keywords for my website?
- How do I choose keywords?
- What is keyword research tools?
- What is the best keyword tool?
- How do I SEO research keywords?
- How do I choose keywords for SEO?
- How do I find keywords for my website?
- What are website keywords?
- Why keyword research is so important?
Number of Results
Keyword difficulty can be estimated fairly accurately based on the number of results for a query:
Over 100 millionÂ Very Hard Under 100 millionÂ Â Hard Under 10 millionÂ Â Â Medium Over 100,000Â Â Â Easy Under 100,000Â Â Â Very Easy
Number of Words in a Query
Number of words in a keyword is also relatively useful as a metric. Longer keywords tend to be easier.
If you're looking for a paid tool, Ahrefs is probably the best one out there for KW research.
- Obligatory Zwielicht
- Edit 17 December, 2018 - Huevos Rancheros posted a KW research guide as well:
Sir, I can do you a nice SEO.
Bump with some more tools and links:
Sir, I can do you a nice SEO.
There are many free tools in the market that will help to find the best keyword. A keyword is the base of SEO(Search Engine Optimization). I would like to suggest some free tool list below. I hope You know about search volume.
1. Keyword Planner
Post a New Comment
Do you like having a good time?
Register an Account
Read Quality Articles
Read some quality articles. If you can manage to not get banned for like five minutes, you can even post your own articles.
Argue with People on the Internet
Use your account to explain why people are wrong on the Internet forum.
Vandalize the Wiki
Or don't. I'm not your dad.
Ask and/or Answer Questions
If someone asks a terrible question, post a LMGTFY link.
Make Some Money
Hire freelancers and/or advertise your goods and/or services. Hire people directly. We're not a middleman or your dad. Manage your own business transactions.
Forum— Read More
Find more related content below!
- Google have a new "indexation" algorithm...
- Need help related to SEO ?
- Why is Website Traffic Important? Helping Your Website To Increase Visits
- How to get a back link from a website which has high domain authority?
- Why my rankings are having sudden ups & drops?
- How to Rank on the top in Google for a long time?
- Which are the most important factors On-Page SEO?
- Ahrefs vs. Majestic, which is the best SEO tool?
- Best keyword research tool? Are any of the paid ones worth it?
- Where can I find the best basic guide to keyword research?