Notably, updates have been made to the site’s stylesheet and editor, ban functionality has been implemented, improvements made for pageload times, and miscellaneous bug-fixes.
Style and Layout
- Made the background look good.
- Adjustments to tables for small screen-widths/mobile users
- Adjustments to OL/UL/LI spacing/padding
- Removed lines and padding above H2 tags
- Table styles now work/style/function better in more generalized use cases.
- Reduced the max-height of images (that aren’t zoomed-in)
- Reduced the size (height/width) of videos embeded from YouTube, DailyMotion, and Vimeo
- Table of contents now has a maximum height with a scrollbar.
The “All Content” Directory
- The “All Content” directory (all/all/all)now shows comments as well as top-level posts. This is in contrast to the homepage, which only shows top-level posts.
- There is now a page with information for subscribers [WIP].
- There is now a page with information for advertisers.
- There is now a page about the marketplace and how you can use it to hire people and buy things.
- Affiliate deals are now listed on a page for affiliate deals.
- The register page now has blurbs about what 256 Kilobytes even is.
- Minor updates to the about and staff page.
Site Performance / Pageload Times
- Caching added to the main queries for indexes.
- The slider(s) for articles now cache.
- Scaling/reducing file size of images used in affiliate links/buttons.
- And also added some high quality ASCII art to the page source because fuck you.
Reducing Number of HTTP Requests
Added automatic merge of additional CSS file for color sets into master CSS file
Reducing number of queries and improving performance of queries used to create:
- The sidebar.
- Miscellaneous other parts of the site.
- Increased the default height of the rich text editor.
- The editor no longer wipes non-built-in HTML for users who can use any HTML (i.e., staff, admins, etc)
- Fixed the text for the “Last Reply” tooltip.
- The tags page now loads correctly and also paginates:
Roles and Permissions
- Bans implemented. Press F to pay respects.
- Some IP ban functionality added.
- There is now a directory listing what permissions are available for the site’s various roles (Staff, Admin, Quality User, etcetera).
- The directory of users now:
- Can be filtered by role; and
- Does not show banned users in the default directory
August Garcia is some guy who used to sell Viagra on the Internet. He made this website to LARP as a sysadmin while posting about garbage like user-agent spoofing, spintax, the only good keyboard, virtual assitants from Pakistan, links with the rel="nofollow" attribute, proxies, regular expressions, HTML and CSS, sin, the developer console, and probably some other trash.
Account created 5 months ago.
136 posts, 713 comments, and 166 RAMs.
3 hours ago:
Commented in thread Spoofing Browser URL Previews
Post a New Comment
Do you like having a good time?
Read Quality Articles
Read some quality articles. If you can manage to not get banned for like five minutes, you can even post your own articles.
Argue with People on the Internet
Use your account to explain why people are wrong on the Internet forum.
Vandalize the Wiki
Or don't. I'm not your dad.
Ask and/or Answer Questions
If someone asks a terrible question, post a LMGTFY link.
Make Some Money
Hire freelancers and/or advertise your goods and/or services. Hire people directly. We're not a middleman or your dad. Manage your own business transactions.