531 views, 0 RAMs, and 1 comment
Hello, I've been trying to learn Python for work, and it's been going pretty well until my most recent program. It keeps running into this: "ValueError: no json object could be decoded" What does this mean? I haven't run into this before with any of my other programs. How can I fix it?
This is a debug account.
You're trying to decode a JSON string by the sound of it. The most common errors for these sorts of things are:
- The JSON string is not valid JSON
- You're decoding the wrong thing entirely, try printing it out to make sure its the correct variable.
- You're using the wrong path to the JSON file.
Also be aware of json.load(), while it would be common sense to put the file path in there it's just not correct sir.
with open(filename) as json_file: data = json.load(json_file)
json.load() reads JSON from a file.
json.loads() reads json from a string.
Hope this helps
"THAT DOG IS GETTING RAPED" - Terry A. Davis
Post a New Comment
Do you like having a good time?
Register an Account
Read Quality Articles
Read some quality articles. If you can manage to not get banned for like five minutes, you can even post your own articles.
Argue with People on the Internet
Use your account to explain why people are wrong on the Internet forum.
Vandalize the Wiki
Or don't. I'm not your dad.
Ask and/or Answer Questions
If someone asks a terrible question, post a LMGTFY link.
Make Some Money
Hire freelancers and/or advertise your goods and/or services. Hire people directly. We're not a middleman or your dad. Manage your own business transactions.
Answers— Read More
Find more related content below!
- [Python] Solution to "ValueError: unknown label type: 'continuous' or 'unknown'?"...
- [Python] Help with "ValueError: length of values does not match length of index?"
- [Python] Help with "ValueError: cannot reindex from a duplicate axis?"
- [Python] Solution to "ValueError: cannot convert float nan to integer?"
- [Python] Fix for "TypeError: can't convert 'int' object to str implicitly?"
- [Python] Solution to "TypeError: a bytes-like object is required, not 'str'?"
- [Python] How to fix "TypeError: 'str' object does not support item assignment?"
- [Python] Help with "TypeError: 'float' object cannot be interpreted as an integer?"
- [Python] Fix for "NameError: name 'xrange' is not defined?"