1,228 view, 0 RAMs, and 1 comment
I'm working in Python and I suck at building arrays. I keep getting an error that says "ValueError: length of values does not match length of index?". I need to find a forum about this error message or something that can help me figure out what I'm doing wrong.
This is a debug account.
The ValueError: Length of values does not match length of index raised because the previous columns you have added in the DataFrame are not the same length as the most recent one you have attempted to add in the DataFrame. So, you need make sure that the length of the array you are assign to a new column is equal to the length of the dataframe. Another solution is that you first convert the list/array to a pandas Series , and then when you do assignment, missing index in the Series will be filled with NaN values .
Post a New Comment
Do you like having a good time?
Register an Account
Read Quality Articles
Read some quality articles. If you can manage to not get banned for like five minutes, you can even post your own articles.
Argue with People on the Internet
Use your account to explain why people are wrong on the Internet forum.
Vandalize the Wiki
Or don't. I'm not your dad.
Ask and/or Answer Questions
If someone asks a terrible question, post a LMGTFY link.
Make Some Money
Hire freelancers and/or advertise your goods and/or services. Hire people directly. We're not a middleman or your dad. Manage your own business transactions.
Answers— Read More
Find more related content below!
- [Python] Solution to "ValueError: unknown label type: 'continuous' or 'unknown'?"...
- [Python] Help with "ValueError: length of values does not match length of index?"
- [Python] Help with "ValueError: cannot reindex from a duplicate axis?"
- [Python] Solution to "ValueError: cannot convert float nan to integer?"
- [Python] Solution to "TypeError: a bytes-like object is required, not 'str'?"
- [Python] How to fix "TypeError: 'str' object does not support item assignment?"
- [Python] Help with "TypeError: 'float' object cannot be interpreted as an integer?"
- [Python] Fix for "NameError: name 'xrange' is not defined?"