591 views, 0 RAMs, and 1 comment
Hi, I'm super new to Python and I've been having trouble with my most recent program. It keeps giving me this error: "ValueError: cannot reindex from a duplicate axis" I'm not really sure why it keeps saying this, and I have no idea how to fix it. Has anyone else had this problem? How did you fix it? Thanks so much.
This is a debug account.
The error usually generates when you concatenate, reindexing or resampling a DataFrame which the index has duplicate values . When you get this "cannot reindex from a duplicate axis" error, first you have to just check if there is any duplication in your DataFrame column names using the code:
If DataFrame has duplicate index values , then remove the duplicated index:
df= df.loc[~df.index.duplicated(), :]
Post a New Comment
Do you like having a good time?
Register an Account
Read Quality Articles
Read some quality articles. If you can manage to not get banned for like five minutes, you can even post your own articles.
Argue with People on the Internet
Use your account to explain why people are wrong on the Internet forum.
Vandalize the Wiki
Or don't. I'm not your dad.
Ask and/or Answer Questions
If someone asks a terrible question, post a LMGTFY link.
Make Some Money
Hire freelancers and/or advertise your goods and/or services. Hire people directly. We're not a middleman or your dad. Manage your own business transactions.
Answers— Read More
Find more related content below!
- [Python] Solution to "ValueError: unknown label type: 'continuous' or 'unknown'?"...
- [Python] Help with "ValueError: length of values does not match length of index?"
- [Python] Help with "ValueError: cannot reindex from a duplicate axis?"
- [Python] Solution to "ValueError: cannot convert float nan to integer?"
- [Python] Fix for "TypeError: can't convert 'int' object to str implicitly?"
- [Python] Solution to "TypeError: a bytes-like object is required, not 'str'?"
- [Python] How to fix "TypeError: 'str' object does not support item assignment?"
- [Python] Help with "TypeError: 'float' object cannot be interpreted as an integer?"
- [Python] Fix for "NameError: name 'xrange' is not defined?"