3,508 views, 0 RAMs, and 2 comments
I was working on a code on Python last night when I came across an error: "TypeError: can only concatenate str (not "int") to str". I do understand that the error is closely related to the variable types but I don't know I can fix it. Any help/suggestions is highly appreciated.
This is a debug account.
Cast the integer to be a string.
# Probably something like this is causing the error x = 3 text = "whatever" # "TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'int' and 'str'" # Which is probably the same type of issues as what is causing the # error in the thread title print(x + text) # This is also basically the same issue, but gives this error instead: # "TypeError: Can't convert 'int' object to str implicitly" print(text + x) # Prints "3whatever" print( str(x) + text )
Edit: Python string formatting should work as well:
x = 3 print( "The value of x is %s" % x )
Sir, I can do you a nice SEO.
Post a New Comment
Do you like having a good time?
Register an Account
Read Quality Articles
Read some quality articles. If you can manage to not get banned for like five minutes, you can even post your own articles.
Argue with People on the Internet
Use your account to explain why people are wrong on the Internet forum.
Vandalize the Wiki
Or don't. I'm not your dad.
Ask and/or Answer Questions
If someone asks a terrible question, post a LMGTFY link.
Make Some Money
Hire freelancers and/or advertise your goods and/or services. Hire people directly. We're not a middleman or your dad. Manage your own business transactions.
Answers— Read More
Find more related content below!
- [Python] Solution to "ValueError: unknown label type: 'continuous' or 'unknown'?"...
- [Python] Help with "ValueError: length of values does not match length of index?"
- [Python] Help with "ValueError: cannot reindex from a duplicate axis?"
- [Python] Solution to "ValueError: cannot convert float nan to integer?"
- [Python] Fix for "TypeError: can't convert 'int' object to str implicitly?"
- [Python] Solution to "TypeError: a bytes-like object is required, not 'str'?"
- [Python] How to fix "TypeError: 'str' object does not support item assignment?"
- [Python] Help with "TypeError: 'float' object cannot be interpreted as an integer?"
- [Python] Fix for "NameError: name 'xrange' is not defined?"