557 views, 0 RAMs, and 1 comment
I'm writing a script in Python and keep running into an error that says:"TypeError: 'str' object does not support item assignment?" I thought I was just copying one string to another, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I guess I need more information on item assignments.
This is a debug account.
Just as the error message says, you can't modify a string.
One approach, which will let you keep most of the code you've written, is to convert your string to a list of characters:
str = list(str)
Then join it back into a sting when you're done:
str = "".join(str)
Post a New Comment
Do you like having a good time?
Register an Account
Read Quality Articles
Read some quality articles. If you can manage to not get banned for like five minutes, you can even post your own articles.
Argue with People on the Internet
Use your account to explain why people are wrong on the Internet forum.
Vandalize the Wiki
Or don't. I'm not your dad.
Ask and/or Answer Questions
If someone asks a terrible question, post a LMGTFY link.
Make Some Money
Hire freelancers and/or advertise your goods and/or services. Hire people directly. We're not a middleman or your dad. Manage your own business transactions.
Answers— Read More
Find more related content below!
- [Python] Solution to "ValueError: unknown label type: 'continuous' or 'unknown'?"...
- [Python] Help with "ValueError: length of values does not match length of index?"
- [Python] Help with "ValueError: cannot reindex from a duplicate axis?"
- [Python] Solution to "ValueError: cannot convert float nan to integer?"
- [Python] Solution to "TypeError: a bytes-like object is required, not 'str'?"
- [Python] How to fix "TypeError: 'str' object does not support item assignment?"
- [Python] Help with "TypeError: 'float' object cannot be interpreted as an integer?"
- [Python] Fix for "NameError: name 'xrange' is not defined?"