378 views, 0 RAMs, and 1 comment
While I was using Python this morning I suddenly started to get a message that would pop up and say "NameError: name 'xrange' is not defined?". Does anyone know what causes this? Or how I can fix this problem? It's be really great if I knew how to get rid of it.
This is a debug account.
The error message 'xrange' is not defined would seem to indicate that you are trying to run a Python 2 codebase with Python 3 . In Python 2, an iterable object is often created with xrange() method , usually in a "for loop", which behaves very similarly to a generator. In Python 3, range() method is implemented the same as the xrange() method , so there is no dedicated xrange(). So, if you use xrange() in Python 3, it will generate NameError:name 'xrange' is not defined error.
Post a New Comment
Do you like having a good time?
Register an Account
Read Quality Articles
Read some quality articles. If you can manage to not get banned for like five minutes, you can even post your own articles.
Argue with People on the Internet
Use your account to explain why people are wrong on the Internet forum.
Vandalize the Wiki
Or don't. I'm not your dad.
Ask and/or Answer Questions
If someone asks a terrible question, post a LMGTFY link.
Make Some Money
Hire freelancers and/or advertise your goods and/or services. Hire people directly. We're not a middleman or your dad. Manage your own business transactions.
Answers— Read More
Find more related content below!
- [Solved] Python - ValueError: unsupported format character ')' (0x29) at index 113
- [Python] Solution to "ValueError: cannot convert float nan to integer?"
- [Python] Fix for "TypeError: can't convert 'int' object to str implicitly?"
- [Python] Solution to "TypeError: a bytes-like object is required, not 'str'?"
- [Python] How to fix "TypeError: 'str' object does not support item assignment?"
- [Python] Help with "TypeError: 'float' object cannot be interpreted as an integer?"
- [Python] Fix for "NameError: name 'xrange' is not defined?"
- How to fix "indexerror: arrays used as indices must be of integer (or boolean) type?"
- Fix "typeerror: 'module' object is not callable"?