I am an engineer working on a server. I am running into a problem with my PHP script where it keeps giving me a "fatal error" about being over my allowed memory.
How do I increase the PHP memory limit on Dreamhost? Which file would I have to edit in order to raise the memory allocated to PHP for a script?
This is a debug account.
For some retarded reason Dreamhost seem to have renamed the php.ini file to the phprc file, but the process is exactly the same as any other hosting package, just the file name is different.
Open your phprc file and look for these variables memory_limit, post_max_size and upload_max_filesize. These are the values you need to increase.
P.S: Save $50 on Dreamhost hosting here:
"THAT DOG IS GETTING RAPED" - Terry A. Davis
Also, if you're running out of memory, note that for shared hosting and VPS setups, MySQL runs on a separate machine/partition from your website's files.
If the issue is that MySQL is consistently running out of RAM/memory, you can move it to a VPS (if you haven't already) and adjust the amount of RAM available to the machine from the DreamHost panel. And/or improve your queries.
Sir, I can do you a nice SEO.
Post a New Comment
Do you like having a good time?
Register an Account
Read Quality Articles
Read some quality articles. If you can manage to not get banned for like five minutes, you can even post your own articles.
Argue with People on the Internet
Use your account to explain why people are wrong on the Internet forum.
Vandalize the Wiki
Or don't. I'm not your dad.
Ask and/or Answer Questions
If someone asks a terrible question, post a LMGTFY link.
Make Some Money
Hire freelancers and/or advertise your goods and/or services. Hire people directly. We're not a middleman or your dad. Manage your own business transactions.
Answers— Read More
Find more related content below!
- [Solved] Automatic Copyright Footer Dates in Laravel/Basically Vanilla PHP
- [Solved] Favicon.ico Files not Caching on Chrome
- [Solved] PHP/Laravel - Cache Query for Current Request/Pageload
- [SOLVED] How to use PHP and cURL to make requests to the PayPal REST API
- [SOLVED] How to get an OAuth Access Token for the PayPal REST API (Using cURL with PHP)
- PHP Fatal error: Can't use function return value in write context in [Some File Path]
- [PHP] Push to associative array?
- Fixing "linting is disabled for this query because it exceeds the maximum length PHPmyadmin?"
- How do I solve "Cannot use object of type stdclass as array"?
- Solve "Connection for controluser as defined in your configuration failed"?