385 views, 0 RAMs, and 2 comments
I usually don't think about it too much and go with:
Is there any reason to use something else?
This is a debug account.
<!DOCTYPE> is the proper way to do things for HTML5 and should be the only thing you use going forward.
If you are working on legacy systems or editing existing sites you may see things like this:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
This was the old way to do this, which was stupid.
If you see anything resembling this, ignore it. Just use <!DOCTYPE>, everything else is unsupported at this point.
"THAT DOG IS GETTING RAPED" - Terry A. Davis
Doctype stands for Document Type Declaration. It informs the web browser about the type and version of HTML used in building the web document. This helps the browser to handle and load it properly. While the HTML syntax for this statement is somewhat simple, you must note each version of HTML has its own rules.
Post a New Comment
Do you like having a good time?
Register an Account
Read Quality Articles
Read some quality articles. If you can manage to not get banned for like five minutes, you can even post your own articles.
Argue with People on the Internet
Use your account to explain why people are wrong on the Internet forum.
Vandalize the Wiki
Or don't. I'm not your dad.
Ask and/or Answer Questions
If someone asks a terrible question, post a LMGTFY link.
Make Some Money
Hire freelancers and/or advertise your goods and/or services. Hire people directly. We're not a middleman or your dad. Manage your own business transactions.
Forum— Read More
Find more related content below!
- How to Get more followers on your Instagram Profile?
- How to Use CSS to Style HTTP/HTTPS Links and Internal/External Links
- What is the viewport meta tag used for?
- CSS -- How to make a background color transparent without affecting the text and other elements
- I need to get Bauhaus font? Where can I find it?
- Text-align: center not working -- how to center an element with a border using CSS
- How do you make a color gradient using CSS?
- The difference between HSL and RGB in CSS?
- How do I set transition properties for a button using CSS?
- What DOCTYPE to use and why?