353 views, 0 RAMs, and 2 comments
I am trying to move some files from an SSD drive to an HDD hard disk, either on Mac or Windows. Do I need special software do this?
This is a debug account.
Do you have two drives in the computer at the same time? Or are you replacing an HDD with an SSD and wanting to port all files over? The best approch will depend on your use case. One easy solution is to either:
- Put your files on a flash drive or external hard drive
- Upload your files to a cloud storage space, such as Google Drive or Dropbox
Then to pull the files onto your SSD.
If you are trying to get two drives to both be detected and functional simultaneously, then that would be a different process.
Sir, I can do you a nice SEO.
It depends on what kind of files you want to move. If the files you want to clone is in the system disk and you want to migrate the system to the new disk by the way, you could have a try of Renee Becca which can help me to transfer all information in the system disk and the boot sector to the new SSD. I do not need to install any software or activate them because the clone will make the new SSD same with the original system. And I can boot the target computer with the new SSD after cloning finished. Maybe you could have a try of this software to clone disk with the guidance here.
Post a New Comment
Do you like having a good time?
Register an Account
Read Quality Articles
Read some quality articles. If you can manage to not get banned for like five minutes, you can even post your own articles.
Argue with People on the Internet
Use your account to explain why people are wrong on the Internet forum.
Vandalize the Wiki
Or don't. I'm not your dad.
Ask and/or Answer Questions
If someone asks a terrible question, post a LMGTFY link.
Make Some Money
Hire freelancers and/or advertise your goods and/or services. Hire people directly. We're not a middleman or your dad. Manage your own business transactions.
Answers— Read More
Find more related content below!
- How to install Windows on SSD and everything else on HDD?
- Blocking certain websites on Windows 10?
- Windows 10 mrror boot drive?
- How to reboot and select proper boot device?
- System thread exception not handled?
- How to move files from SSD to HDD?
- Fix "Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart"?
- How to convert Movie Maker to mp4?
- Windows 10 very slow and unresponsive at times?
- The computer restarted unexpectedly Windows 10 loop?