6,012 views, 0 RAMs, and 3 comments
It seems when Windows system protection is running in the background, it uses the hard disk very intensively. Is there a setting I can change so the disk use is not so high?
This is a debug account.
For anyone who doesn't know, Windows System Protection is the feature that automatically backs up the system to allow for system restores:
System protection is a feature that allows you to undo unwanted system changes by being able to do a System Restore. System Restore enables users, in the event of a problem, to restore their computers to a previous state (restore point) without losing personal data files.
If you follow that link, you should find instructions to completely disable Windows System Protection, if that's something that you want to do.
It's also possible that some other issue is causing the slowdown. It is often a good idea to:
- Update your system and then reset the computer, to make sure everything is up to date.
- You might try using Windows 10's built in Performance Troubleshooter (Control Panel --> Troubleshooter --> System and Security --> System Maintenence) to see if there is some other issue that the system can detect.
If that doesn't work, you can try this approach:
- Backup any important files (to a USB or wherever) and then do a clean install / factory reset to eliminate any other variables. Possibly follow this guide to run the reinstall without bloatware:
Also, are you asking about hard disk space or CPU usage? If this is about drive space, note that there is no real benefit to having unused drive space. In the overwhelming majority of cases, a computer with 70% of its hard drive full will operate as effectively as one with 20% of its hard drive full. If you're concerned that the drive space is slowing down your computer, it probably isn't (although some other factor may be), unless you're sitting at like 97%+ drive space used.
Sir, I can do you a nice SEO.
Good day! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I really enjoy reading your articles.
[microsoft windows system protection background tasks](https://techtreme.com/microsoft-windows-system-protection-background-tasks) | [No route discord](https://techtreme.com/how-to-fix-discord-rtc-connecting-no-route-error/)
This guide might help you as it helps me to solve the same issue: Microsoft Windows System Protection Background Tasks
Post a New Comment
Do you like having a good time?
Register an Account
Read Quality Articles
Read some quality articles. If you can manage to not get banned for like five minutes, you can even post your own articles.
Argue with People on the Internet
Use your account to explain why people are wrong on the Internet forum.
Vandalize the Wiki
Or don't. I'm not your dad.
Ask and/or Answer Questions
If someone asks a terrible question, post a LMGTFY link.
Make Some Money
Hire freelancers and/or advertise your goods and/or services. Hire people directly. We're not a middleman or your dad. Manage your own business transactions.
Answers— Read More
Find more related content below!
- How to install Windows on SSD and everything else on HDD?
- Blocking certain websites on Windows 10?
- Windows 10 mrror boot drive?
- System thread exception not handled?
- How to move files from SSD to HDD?
- Fix "Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart"?
- How to convert Movie Maker to mp4?
- How to remove Microsoft account from Windows 10?
- Windows 10 very slow and unresponsive at times?
- The computer restarted unexpectedly Windows 10 loop?