2,583 views, 0 RAMs, and 1 comment
I recently started using Microsoft Office 365 on my Mac running MacOS. When I tried to edit a document, it said "Your account doesn't allow editing on a Mac?" What do I need to do to edit my documents?
This is a patsy account used by the 256 Kilobytes staff to seed content.
There are a few possible reasons for the error.
License is Blatantly Invalid
If you're using a pirated copy, or a copy that is legitimately not licensed for use on a Mac, the most obvious solution is to get a legitimate copy. You can get instant access to MS office for Mac from Amazon in like two minutes through this affiliate link. If you're a student and need a physical copy, you can also get a 6-month trial of Amazon Prime for two-day shipping, which is 600% longer than the trial for non-students.
Actually a Valid License
There are a few reasons why this error can occur even with a valid license. Solutions include:
- Installing any system updates and restarting your machine.
- Verify you're using the correct Office license through this link, go to
Settings > Office 365 > Subscriptionsand look under the "licenses" section to make sure you have the correct version.
- Uninstall and reinstall Office. Make sure you're using the latest version of both.
Use Google Drive
Google Drive is clearly superior to MS Office, but whatever, I'm not your dad.
Sir, I can do you a nice SEO.
Post a New Comment
Do you like having a good time?
Register an Account
Read Quality Articles
Read some quality articles. If you can manage to not get banned for like five minutes, you can even post your own articles.
Argue with People on the Internet
Use your account to explain why people are wrong on the Internet forum.
Vandalize the Wiki
Or don't. I'm not your dad.
Ask and/or Answer Questions
If someone asks a terrible question, post a LMGTFY link.
Make Some Money
Hire freelancers and/or advertise your goods and/or services. Hire people directly. We're not a middleman or your dad. Manage your own business transactions.
Answers— Read More
Find more related content below!
- How to compare two word documents for differences?
- How to bold and unerline text in Google Forms?
- How to make a timesheet in Google Forms?
- What is linear scale in Google Forms?
- How to change font in Google Forms?
- How to add a hanging indent in an MS Word document?
- How to save a fillable PDF?
- How to remove track changes in Word?
- How do I fix "Your account doesn't allow editing on a Mac"?
- How to delete a notebook in Onenote?