173 views, 1 RAM, and 1 comment
can anyone please let me know how to manage online reputation.
It depends on what specifically that refers to:
- If you're trying to be proactive and have no specific online reputation management (ORM) problems, then doing things like integrating an optional "leave a review" step where relevant (e.g., after an order is placed/completed/delivered) can help build up positive feedback, which can mitigate problems later on if/when someone else does leave a complaint somewhere.
- If you already have some sort of (real) reputation management issue, you can:
- Encourage others to leave positive reviews;
- Attempt to outrank the complaint in search results (although this is often difficult for a variety of reasons);
- Attempt to improve the rank of other positive reviews (and/or neutral brand-related content, such as social media pages) so that there is more positive content on the first page of the SERPs for brand-related terms.
- if the issue is false/defamatory content (e.g., a competitor posting fake complaints), it's fairly easy to send a cease and desist letter or similar (to both the person posting the false/defamatory content and any relevant platforms, such as the web host). See:
Also, while it is obvious/cliche to say "just run a business that isn't sleazy and/or garbage," that does actually work reasonably well.
Sir, I can do you a nice SEO.
Post a New Comment
Do you like having a good time?
Register an Account
Read Quality Articles
Read some quality articles. If you can manage to not get banned for like five minutes, you can even post your own articles.
Argue with People on the Internet
Use your account to explain why people are wrong on the Internet forum.
Vandalize the Wiki
Or don't. I'm not your dad.
Ask and/or Answer Questions
If someone asks a terrible question, post a LMGTFY link.
Make Some Money
Hire freelancers and/or advertise your goods and/or services. Hire people directly. We're not a middleman or your dad. Manage your own business transactions.
Forum— Read More
Find more related content below!