271 views, 1 RAM, and 0 comments
Regular indexes are basically irrelevant if you need string matching within arbitrary positions in a string (rather than only at the start). The solution is to use the built-in fulltext search feature in MySQL. While this won't find every string match, it will find the matches that have that full word in it. Read the documentation for other setups, etcetera.
Create an index on an existing table:
- CREATE FULLTEXT INDEX idx_name ON keywords(name)
Query the table:
- SELECT * FROM keywords WHERE MATCH(name) AGAINST('goat' IN NATURAL LANGUAGE MODE)
- This will match "definition of done mountain goat" but not "texmaster goats for sale in oklahoma"
Sir, I can do you a nice SEO.
Post a New Comment
Do you like having a good time?
Register an Account
Read Quality Articles
Read some quality articles. If you can manage to not get banned for like five minutes, you can even post your own articles.
Argue with People on the Internet
Use your account to explain why people are wrong on the Internet forum.
Vandalize the Wiki
Or don't. I'm not your dad.
Ask and/or Answer Questions
If someone asks a terrible question, post a LMGTFY link.
Make Some Money
Hire freelancers and/or advertise your goods and/or services. Hire people directly. We're not a middleman or your dad. Manage your own business transactions.
Answers— Read More
Find more related content below!
- [Solved] Indexing database tables for "WHERE LIKE '%string%'" queries in MySQL
- [Solved] SQLite: "Error: near line 27: near "IGNORE": syntax error"
- [MySQL/MariaDB] How to write a query to insert to a pivot table/map for a many-to-many relationship without co...
- How to fix "ERROR 1170 (42000): BLOB/TEXT column 'some_column' used in key specification withou...
- Fix for "Unable to parse query string for Function QUERY parameter 2: NO_COLUMN: Backlog?"
- [MySQL/MariaDB] How to unset/undefine a function? Solution to "ERROR 1304 (42000): PROCEDURE handlerdemo...
- What are the 5 phases of SDLC?
- How do I become a database developer?
- Does GROUP BY remove duplicates?
- Best method to store an array in a MariaDB/MySQL database?