Are you new to Vim, the only legitimate text editor? Good thing you're on this page, since it contains the ultimate cheat sheet for all of the most important Vim commands, keyboard shortcuts, and hotkeys.
Vim Cheat Sheet Infographic
Vim Commands Cheat Sheet, Copy-Pasteable
:w - Write (Save)
:wq - Write and quit
:q - Quit, fails if unsaved
:q! - Quit, even if unsaved
ESC - Return to normal mode
i - Insert at cursor position
a - Insert after cursor position
o - Insert on line below cursor
v - Enter visual mode
ctrl+v - Enter visual mode (vertical)
V - Enter visual mode (full lines)
u [in visual mode] - To lowercase
U [in visual mode] - To uppercase
u - Undo
ctrl+r - Redo
$ - Jump to end of line
^ - Jump to start of line
h - Move left
j - Move down
k - Move up
l - Move right
H - Move to top of screen
M - Move to middle of screen
L - Move to bottom of screen
gg - Move to start of file
G - Move to end of file
420gg - Move to line 420
w - Jump to start of next word
b - Jump to start of prev word
/something - Search for string
n - Jump to next match
N - Jump to prev match
/something\c - Case insensitive search
y [in visual mode] - Copy highlighted text
yy - Copy the current line
d [in visual mode] - Cut highlighted text
dd - Cut the current line
Ctrl+Shift+V - Paste from external clipboard
- Find and Replace All in Document
- Find and Replace All on Current Line
:s/find/replace/g [in visual mode]
- Find and Replace All in Highlighted Section
:'<,'>s/find/replace/g [in visual mode]
- Find and Replace All in Document
Important Regular Expression (REGEX) Characters
. - Any single character
* - Up to unlimited characters
- 7 Internet Marketing/SEO Tricks from the Slack Chat
- [Video] 28+ Methods to Make Money Online: The Ultimate Tier List from S-Tier through F-Tier
- Scriptable Headless Browsers 101: PhantomJS vs. Headless Chrome/Chromium vs. Headless Firefox
- [Video] The Ultimate Offpage SEO Tier List: 28+ Link Building Methods Ranked from S through F (and a Few Other...
- 5 Tasks You Didn't Know You Could do With Vim
- [Infographic] The Beginner's Vim Cheat Sheet
- 5 Tasks You Didn't Know Could be Done from the Developer Console
- A Review and Overview of the Charles Web Debugging Proxy Application
- The Complete Guide to Discord Text Formatting, Syntax Highlighting, and Tricks for Adding Colors
- SquirrelMail vs. RoundCube vs. Horde: Why does every web hosting company come with these three email clients?
August Garcia is some guy who used to sell Viagra on the Internet. He made this website to LARP as a sysadmin while posting about garbage like user-agent spoofing, spintax, the only good keyboard, virtual assitants from Pakistan, links with the rel="nofollow" attribute, proxies, sin, the developer console, literally every link building method, and other junk.
Bump with a tangential article that's been going around the Internet:
Sir, I can do you a nice SEO.
Post a New Comment
Do you like having a good time?
Register an Account
Read Quality Articles
Read some quality articles. If you can manage to not get banned for like five minutes, you can even post your own articles.
Argue with People on the Internet
Use your account to explain why people are wrong on the Internet forum.
Vandalize the Wiki
Or don't. I'm not your dad.
Ask and/or Answer Questions
If someone asks a terrible question, post a LMGTFY link.
Make Some Money
Hire freelancers and/or advertise your goods and/or services. Hire people directly. We're not a middleman or your dad. Manage your own business transactions.