513 views, 0 RAMs, and 4 comments
Title. Anyone else who makes this thread will be shot on sight, becuase this is the definitive fucking thread. GTFO.
This is a debug account.
A few years ago, the standard answer was "no, and any claims that HTTPS has a non-trivial impact on SEO is Google ei. al.using carefully phrased language to imply that it does for the purpose of getting more people to use HTTPS." It's possible that they're tryharding-er now; not sure. Either way, there are a number of large sites that don't use HTTPS and that are successful. Either way, you should probably install a free SSL cert, since they're free and unless you have a specific compelling reason for your use case, which you probably don't, then the improvements to conversion rate are worth it regardless of whether they have an impact on SEO.
Sir, I can do you a nice SEO.
Google officially announced that switching your website over to HTTPS will give you a minor ranking boost.
Even if Google ignored HTTPS as a signal, you're an idiot for not running it for a whole bunch of reasons:
- not secure browser warnings
- regular people recognise it as a trust signal
- it's free
Fuck Google and this SEO shit... That stuffs all more important.
"THAT DOG IS GETTING RAPED" - Terry A. Davis
SSL is recognized as a trusted site. It is one of the ranking factors for SEO. HTTPS websites have a higher advantage of ranking over HTTP.
Post a New Comment
Do you like having a good time?
Register an Account
Read Quality Articles
Read some quality articles. If you can manage to not get banned for like five minutes, you can even post your own articles.
Argue with People on the Internet
Use your account to explain why people are wrong on the Internet forum.
Vandalize the Wiki
Or don't. I'm not your dad.
Ask and/or Answer Questions
If someone asks a terrible question, post a LMGTFY link.
Make Some Money
Hire freelancers and/or advertise your goods and/or services. Hire people directly. We're not a middleman or your dad. Manage your own business transactions.
Answers— Read More
Find more related content below!
- Google have a new "indexation" algorithm...
- Need help related to SEO ?
- Why is Website Traffic Important? Helping Your Website To Increase Visits
- How to get a back link from a website which has high domain authority?
- Why my rankings are having sudden ups & drops?
- How to Rank on the top in Google for a long time?
- Which are the most important factors On-Page SEO?
- Ahrefs vs. Majestic, which is the best SEO tool?
- Best keyword research tool? Are any of the paid ones worth it?
- Where can I find the best basic guide to keyword research?